The transition from a monochrome 16×2 character LCD module (still one of the world’s most popular displays) to a graphic display can seem like a daunting task, physical and electrical characteristics plus software considerations all play an equal part in deciding your next display upgrade.
Our 256 x 64 resolution 2.08″ white OLED from our partner Pi-Tek could be the answer to some difficult questions, with physical dimensions including the mounting holes the same as many of the popular 16 x 2 character LCD modules (80mm x 36mm) plus the same pin assignment, possibly two of the most important issues are already overcome.
The standard module is an 8-bit parallel 6800 series model however it is also possible to supply a serial I²C or a 8080 parallel interface option.
The OLED offers an extremely wide viewing angle of nearly 180° on all axis so could in theory be mounted in both the traditional landscape mode as well as portrait, a high brightness of 100cd/m² and a super high contrast of 1000:1 gives the module a superb optical performance.
- Overall Dimensions: 80 x 36 x 9.10mm
- Resolution: 256 x 64 Dots
- Active Area: 51.18 x 12.78mm (2.08″ Diagonal)
- Colour: White
- Dot Pitch: 0.20 x 0.20mm
- Dot Size: 0.18 x 0.18mm
- Input Voltage: 3.0~3.3VDC
- Brightness: 100 cd/m² Max (recommended 50 cd/m² for longer life)
- Contrast Ratio: 1000:1 (darkened room)
- Viewing Angle: Near on 180° on both X & Y axis
- Operating Temp: -40°C ~ 85°C
- Response Time: ≤10µs
- Duty Ratio: 1/64
- On-Board Controller: SH1122 (SINO Wealth)
Datasheet: PG25664HW (2.08) (002)
For further information please call us on 01296 332000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org