Mimo has thousands of useful applications: keep your main display clutter free, park your Instant Messaging windows, keep your application palettes on it (news feeds, skype, outlook etc), use it as a digital picture frame, as a dedicated stock ticker display, put your gaming maps on it. Mimo is great for use with a small laptop or netbook because of its light weight and single USBconnection, it can travel with your laptop, no power brick needed!
Please see a few featured applications below;
- touch control for video conferencing systems
- monitor eBay or other online auctions
- point of sale aid
- small kiosk touch displays
- industrial control systems
|JAMES CAMERON DEEPSEA CHALLENGER
Director James Cameron of Avatar fame explores the depths of the ocean while monitoring and controlling multiple systems with his 7″ Mimo Touch 2 USB touch screen.
|HERTZ RENT-A-CAR POINT OF SALE
Rent a car from Hertz recently? Then you’ve seen our Mimo Magic Touch monitor at work on the countertop, displaying options for available car models and upgrades, and other customer options.
|ONLINE GAMING CPU/GPU MONITORING DISPLAY
Online gamers have adopted both our 7″ and 10″ USB touch monitors to display live CPU and GPU performance charts.
|OPTICWASH MALL KIOSK
Opticwash’s mall kiosks for automated eyewear cleaning is a prime example of how our Magic Touch USB monitor is a turnkey solution for kiosk displays/controls.
|U.S. OPEN MERCHANDISE SHOP (POS)
The Mimo 720-S USB Touch Monitor at work at the Point-Of-Sale in the official 2013 U.S. Open Merchandise Shop, Merion Golf Club.
|VERIFONE TAXI CAB SCREEN
Verifone has installed thousands of our Magic Monster 10.1″ resistive USB touch monitors into taxicabs for billing, rider entertainment, interaction.
|JOHN DEERE TRAINING SIMULATOR
Nothing runs like a Deere; and Mimo Monitors is happy to lend a helping hoof. Our 10.1″ Mimo Magic Monster USB monitor is installed in their simulator for large equipment operator training.
- Outlook/Mail, Calendar or Address Book applications up all the time
- View Widgets for To-do’s, Weather, Stock Tickers, Dictionary, Thesaurus, etc.
- Track System Performance, Monitor Network Traffic, CPU cycles
- Skype, webcam etc.
- Have your media player up to control entertainment
- Quick access to important toolboxes for online gaming
- Use it as a secondary display for computers hooked up to TVs
- Run a 2nd or 3rd display without the need for a new graphics card
- AIM/Google/MSN Chat while using other full screen applications
- Watch for Friends on Facebook and MySpace
- Keep your Twitter Client up all the time but off your main work screen, get tweets 24/7
- Park your Adobe Creative Suite application toolbars or controls
- Powerpoint: keep your formatting palettes, colors, etc. on a separate screen
Business (Retail, Healthcare, Finance)
- Integrate into point-of-purchase or point-of-registration process
- Cost-effective method to have multiple consumers/customers register, enter information, and authenticate
- Use one computer for multiple users (with virtualization software – not included)
- Monitor online auctions
- Integrate into a telepresence robot to provide two-way video
- Incorporate into a mobile robot for onboard debugging and programming
- Display sensor values and more during testing
Advantages of Mimo Monitors;
- easy to use; simply plug in one USB cable
- no need for extra hardware components
- user friendly, low maintenance, low power consumption
- lower costs as no add ons
- feels very much like a traditional monitor whist providing “plug ‘n’ play” display simplicity
- Expand-ability – add up to 6 more screens under standard windows
- no additional graphics cards needed
- simply install a driver onto your computer and you are ready to go
- fully integrated monitors with sleek modern design with stand
- raspberry Pi compatibility as well as Linux, Mac and Windows
- Android support
- no power supply needed like traditional touch displays
- no interference unlike some VGA cables
- very secure solution where security of information is critical
- significant power savings
- use 1 computer for multiple users
- move programs / apps onto the extra display to free up your main screen
- no need for technical or I.T person
(Note: many of the previously described uses may require third-party software not included with the Mimo)