Ultra-Low Power E-Paper Displays
WHAT IS CDS E-PAPER?
E-paper, also known as electronic paper or electronic ink display, has a paper-like high contrast appearance and an Ultra-low power consumption.
The display is an electronic replacement for traditional paper that we can use for reading things like books, magazines and more. E-Paper, much like real paper, will only reflect light (though newer devices may also feature a back-light to improve readability), so uses much less power than traditional LCDs.
Second is the unique way that E-Paper displays things on the screen. Traditional LCD displays have three colours per pixel – red, green and blue (RGB) – and will light up a combination of these across the entire display to show pictures and video in the correct colour. E-Paper displays have so far only been available in black and white, and they work in a simple way.
By default, it will show just a blank white page, and then when a charge is applied to the pixel, a black ink will rise to the front of the display to turn it black. By doing this across the display, it can display text and simple graphics very easily. Once the pixel colour is swapped, it doesn’t require a charge to stay that way, you only need power to change pages. Therefore, battery life for devices such as a Kindle Paperwhite is advertised as being able to last for weeks.
- Sizes available – 2″ / 3.5″ / 9.7″ / 13.3″ / 31.2″
- Industry standard SPI interface
- Evaluation Kits available for easy set up and development
Possible industrial / commercial applications
- Low Power Digital signage
- Low power electronics shelf label (ESL)
- Low power Digital shelf edge
- Transportation info displays
- Traffic signs including solar powered etc.
Benefits of CDS E-Paper Technology
- Low Power Consumption – ePaper is bi-stable and doesn’t consume energy once the text/images are in place.
- Sunlight Readable – ePaper reflects light just like ordinary paper providing the best digital experience for the viewer because of the stable image, wide viewing angle and reflective properties rather than emitting its own light.
- Natural looking text in any lighting condition.
- Durable and Reliable – Comprehensive environmental robustness – continuously improved sealant methods, moisture protection, UV block and mechanical protection.
For specifications and pricelists please simply contact us by emailing email@example.com or call our UK office +44(0)1634 327420.
*Images showing examples of possible applications for Bus stops in Germany.
Click Here for Standard Colour Small Format TFT LCDs