Managed by the actual owners
- You speak to the decision makers
- We are independent and give you the best solutions not a specific manufacturer on our line card
- Customer satisfaction is key and critical to us
- Quick quotation and decision making to your benefit
- Many years of displays, touchscreens and embedded experience
- Excellent technical know-how
- Vast market knowledge
- Close contacts to component manufacturers
Frequently Asked Questions for CDS
Q: Who is CDS and what do you do?
A: We are a leading supplier of TFT LCD screens, Touch screens, open frame monitors, Panel PCs, Embedded computer boards, Retail Displays and bespoke system and electronic designs.
Q: Do you provide replacements for broken machines such as computer monitors, TVs, laptops, copiers etc?
A: NO, these parts are best obtained from the manufacturer of the device.
Q: I have a broken part I bought from you that I want to get repaired, what do I do?
A: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we can inform you how to return your display.
Q: I have an older TFT LCD (such as Optrex / Mitsubishi/ Kyocera / Samsung / NLT / NEC part using CCFL, is there a direct replacement?
A: All the new TFT LCD panels use LED backlights and so there is no direct replacement however many of the newer panels are mechanically the same to make replacement more straightforward.
Q: Do you have a particular part in stock?
A: Please contact the office on email@example.com for current stock level.
Q: I need technical support, who do I contact?
A: Please contact the office on +44 (0) 1634 327 420 and our team will be pleased to help you.
Q: Who can I email for a general enquiry?
A: You can use firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: Can you help me with my design?
A: CDS can help you with prototyping, custom builds, metalwork and custom cases.
Q: I am looking for a 7,10 or 12 inch screen with a particular resolution, can you help?
A: We have one of the a largest range of panels in Europe, we can find one that will work for you, give us a call on +44 (0) 1634 327 420.
Q: What is the best screen brightness for outdoor use?
A: We recommend 1000 Candela or above for outdoor use, bu some of our displays with 700cd+ AND high contrast are also good. But we can supply displays with high brightness’s up to 5,000cd!
Q: What is the best screen for extreme temperatures?
A: El panels are very good at extreme temperatures and vibration and are often used in harsh climates. http://crystal-display.com/category-displays-beneq/
Q: Can you provide a case for my design?
A: We can design and manufacture cases and enclosures of any shape and size.
Q: I need an operating system and some software written, can you help?
A: CDS can supply Windows, Linux and Android operating systems and we can recommend programmers for your software requirements.
Q: I need a copy on an invoice?
A: Please email us at email@example.com
Q: What is the delivery date of the parts/system I ordered?
A: You would have been quoted a lead time for the parts, but you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: Can my quoted delivery date be brought forward?
A: CDS tries very hard to meet all quoted delivery times and sometimes they can be brought forward. We can ask suppliers and our factories to reduce lead times. We can’t make any promises but we will do our best for you.
Q: The invoiced amount is different to what I was quoted, why is that and who do I talk to about it?
A: Please talk to our sales support team or email us on email@example.com.
Q: How much do you charge for delivery?
A: This will depend on size and weight of the shipment but our shipping charges are very competitive and our customers are very happy with us on this.
Q: Who is your MD?
A: Mr. Christopher Bartram, but if you are contacting him to sell us something please email him at firstname.lastname@example.org first!
- Do you hold stock?
- Yes, we try to hold stock of popular fast moving parts, however given the size of the product range it is just not possible to hold stock of every item. We do however hold stock for customers who have placed volume orders for product on a delivery call off basis.
- Can you accept payment in other currencies?
- Yes, we can accept payments in £Sterling, US$, and €Euros.
- Are your products RoHs compliant?
- Yes, where applicable.
- Do you have field sales engineers that can visit our premises with working demonstration equipment?
- Yes, we can visit you with working samples of almost all products, however we wait until we are invited, we don’t just turn up and we won’t pester you to arrange a site visit. We look forward to meeting you.