When it comes to Digital Signage there are two very different ways to upload content to a screen; ‘Plug and Play’ via a USB stick or cloud based Digital Signage platform which offers a host of extra features but requires more advanced technical knowledge. Not every Digital Signage screen needs to be connected to the cloud so here’s an explanation of when it fits.
When a ‘Plug and Play’ solution is best
- Ideal for places that have a handful of Digital Signage screens, very simple and easy to do – uploading content to a USB stick and then manually inserting the USB into a screen so the content can display.
- Perfect for places where people with limited technical knowledge are in charge of the display.
- More cost effective than connecting to a cloud based platform but you are only restricted to displaying images and videos.
When a cloud based solution is best
- When you have a number of screens across multiple locations – can upload content to all your screens in literally a matter of seconds.
- Futureproof – Say for example you purchase two standalone Freestanding Digital Posters for your first store that you upload content with via ‘Plug and Play’. In a couple of years’ time when you now have six screens in three different stores in operation, the original two Freestanding Posters can be upgraded to use the cloud technology and become part of a network.
- Greater features are also available once you have upgraded including the ability to create your own custom layouts with multiple media zones, including live webpages for example.
Cloud technology may be the most advanced form of Digital Signage but its features are simply not applicable to every project. You have to assess each situation based on certain variables including how many screens you are purchasing, the level of I.T. knowledge your company has and your budget. Then you can decide if a cloud based Digital Signage network solution is for you.
Take a closer look at our digital advertising display range here.
For more information including pricing and a data sheet please email email@example.com or call our main office on +44 (0) 1634 327 420.